Anglia Late Edition is the regional politics programme for the East of England presented by political correspondent Emma Hutchinson
The Brexit deal has finally been hammered out in Brussels but some Conservative MPs in the Anglia region are looking at the detail before deciding whether to vote for it.
The deal to leave the European Union on 31st October will come back to the House of Commons in a rare Saturday sitting.
Anglia Late Edition discusses the implications of the deal and what happens next.
- Click to watch the Anglia Late Edition programme broadcast on Thursday 17 October 2019
MPs like Sir Bernard Jenkin in Essex and Peter Bone in Northamptonshire were leading campaigners for Britain to leave the European Union during the referendum campaign.
They say they will be scrutinising the deal the Prime Minister has struck with the EU before deciding whether to vote for it on Saturday.
That vote in the House of Commons is likely to be very close with opposition parties already saying they won't support the deal and the government has lost the support of Northern Ireland's DUP.
Emma Hutchinson was joined in the studio by four politicians from the Anglia region
- Vicky Ford is the Conservative MP for Chelmsford and is a former Member of the European Parliament
- Daniel Zeichner has been the Labour MP for Cambridge since 2015
- Shai Ahmed is the Brexit Party candidate in Hemel Hemstead in Hertfordshire
- Ben Goodwin is the Liberal Democrat candidate in Broadland in Norfolk