The number of people who have died with Covid-19 in hospitals in the Anglia region went up by 63 on Thursday and the total number of cases were up by 426.
In figures released by NHS England, it was revealed that 23 patients died at Bedford Hospital and at the Luton & Dunstable in the past week.
The total number of coronavirus cases in the Anglia region now stands at 2,454 having risen by 21% since yesterday.
The largest increase in the region was in Essex where the number with the illness rose by 141 to 667.
There was also a rise of more than 100 cases in Hertfordshire.
Confirmed coronavirus cases in the Anglia region by 9am on Thursday 2 April 2020
Data from Public Health England
- Bedfordshire - 286 cases (up 54 since yesterday)
- Cambridgeshire - 203 cases (up 26)
- Essex - 667 cases (up 141)
- Hertfordshire - 582 cases (up 102)
- Milton Keynes - 127 cases (up 10)
- Norfolk - 207 cases (up 27)
- Northamptonshire - 220 cases (up 33)
- Rutland - 5 cases (up 1)
- Suffolk - 157 cases (up 32)
The Bedfordshire figures are the local authorities of Bedford, Luton and Central Bedfordshire combined. Cambridgeshire includes Peterborough and Essex includes Southend and Thurrock.
Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Government launches new coronavirus advert with stay at home or 'people will die' message
- Coronavirus and claiming benefits: Everything you need to know
- Check the number of cases in your area with our interactive map
- Listen and subscribe to our podcast
- All the coronavirus information you need in one place - from health and work to what you can do to stop the spread of the virus