The number of patients who have died with coronavirus in hospitals in the Anglia region has risen to 336, an increase of 74 since Thursday.
The daily total rose by 17 in the East Suffolk and North Essex Trust which operates the hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich.. Ipswich Hospital said the 14 deaths announced today happened over a three-week period and had not been reported in the daily figures from NHS England owing to an administrative error.
The Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow has recorded the highest number of patients who have lost their lives with the disease with a total of 42, with an additional eight deaths announced since yesterday.
Total deaths of patients with Covid-19 at hospitals in the Anglia region
- 8 - Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge (up 2)
- 33 - Basildon Hospital (up 8 since yesterday)
- 11 - Bedford Hospital (no change since yesterday)
- 11 - Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford (no change since yesterday)
- 25 - East & North Herts including the Lister Hospital, Stevenage (up 8)
- 28 - East Suffolk & North Essex, Ipswich & Colchester (up 17)
- 4 - Essex Partnership NHS Trust (no change since yesterday)
- 1 - Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust (no change since yesterday)
- 9 - James Paget Hospital, Gorleston (up 3)
- 11 - Kettering General Hospital (up 2)
- 25 - Luton & Dunstable Hospital (up 2)
- 22 - Milton Keynes Hospital (no change since yesterday)
- 17 - Norfolk & Norwich Hospital (up 4)
- 17 - Northampton General Hospital (up 6)
- 11 - NW Anglia, Peterborough & Hinchingbrooke (up 1)
- 14 - Southend Hospital (up 3)
- 42 - The Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow (up 8)
- 12 - The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King's Lynn (no change)
- 29 - West Herts including Watford General (up 10)
- 6 - West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds
The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in the Anglia region was 2,649 on Friday 3 April 2020, an increase of 195 cases since Thursday.
That is a rise of 8% - the lowest percentage day-on-day increase for more than three weeks. Yesterday the rise in cases was 426.
The numbers of new cases in Bedfordshire rose by only three since yesterday to a total of 289 and there were up only 4 to 161 in Suffolk.
However in Northamptonshire the number of cases went up by 20% from 220 to 264.
Confirmed coronavirus cases in the Anglia region by 9am on Friday 3 April 2020 Data from Public Health England
- Bedfordshire - 289 cases (up 3 since yesterday)
- Cambridgeshire - 220 cases (up 17)
- Essex - 706 cases (up 39)
- Hertfordshire - 637 cases (up 55)
- Milton Keynes - 141 cases (up 14)
- Norfolk - 225 cases (up 18)
- Northamptonshire - 264 cases (up 44)
- Rutland - 6 cases (up 1)
- Suffolk - 161 cases (up 4)
The Bedfordshire figures are the local authorities of Bedford, Luton and Central Bedfordshire combined. Cambridgeshire includes Peterborough and Essex includes Southend and Thurrock.
Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Queen to make Sunday night TV address to nation on coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus and claiming benefits: Everything you need to know
- Check the number of cases in your area with our interactive map
- Listen and subscribe to our podcast
- All the coronavirus information you need in one place - from health and work to what you can do to stop the spread of the virus