Hospitals in the Anglia region announced on Saturday that 72 more patients had died with coronavirus bringing the total number of deaths in the area to 408.
Across the UK, 4,313 have died with the illness.
The figures released by NHS England account for people who have lost their lives in hospital and not in other care settings or in the community.
Basildon Hospital in Essex saw the number of deaths rise by 16 to a total of 49. The deaths occurred between the 29th March and the 3rd of April with nine in the past three days.
The first death linked to Covid-19 has been recorded at the Royal Papworth Hospital in Cambridge.
The Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow reported that a 19-year-old patient with underlying health conditions has died.
Total deaths of patients with Covid-19 at hospitals in the Anglia region
- 49 - Basildon Hospital (up 16 since yesterday)
- 46 - Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow (up 4)
- 34 - East Suffolk & North Essex, Ipswich & Colchester (up 6)
- 31 - West Herts including Watford General (up 2)
- 30 - East & North Herts including the Lister Hospital, Stevenage (up 5)
- 27 - Luton & Dunstable Hospital (up 2)
- 22 - Milton Keynes Hospital (no change since yesterday)
- 19 - Norfolk & Norwich Hospital (up 2)
- 18 - Bedford Hospital (up 7)
- 17 - Northampton General Hospital (no change)
- 17 - Southend Hospital (up 3)
- 16 - NW Anglia, Peterborough & Hinchingbrooke (up 5)
- 15 - Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford (up 4)
- 15 - Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King's Lynn (up 3)
- 13 - Kettering General Hospital (up 2)
- 12 - James Paget Hospital, Gorleston (up 3)
- 11 - Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge (up 3)
- 9 - West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds (up 3)
- 5 - Essex Partnership NHS Trust (up 1)
- 1 - Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust (no change)
- 1 - Royal Papworth Hospital, Cambridge (up 1)
The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in the Anglia region has reached 2,916, a rise of 267 since Friday.
The number of people tested positive for Covid-19 jumped by 10% on Saturday after a rise of 8% on Friday and 21% on Thursday.
The number of cases has almost doubled in five days.
The highest number of cases are in Essex with 756. The county with the biggest percentage rise in cases since yesterday where they went up by 19% from 161 to 191.
Confirmed coronavirus cases in the Anglia region by 9am on Saturday 4 April 2020 Data from Public Health England
- Bedfordshire - 327 cases (up 38 since yesterday)
- Cambridgeshire - 239 cases (up 19)
- Essex - 756 cases (up 50)
- Hertfordshire - 692 cases (up 55)
- Milton Keynes - 149 cases (up 8)
- Norfolk - 254 cases (up 29)
- Northamptonshire - 302 cases (up 38)
- Rutland - 6 cases (no change since yesterday)
- Suffolk - 191 cases (up 30)
The Bedfordshire figures are the local authorities of Bedford, Luton and Central Bedfordshire combined.
Cambridgeshire includes Peterborough and Essex includes Southend and Thurrock.
Coronavirus: Everything you need to know