The number of patients who have died with Covid-19 in hospitals in the Anglia region has risen by 47 to 503 according to figures released by NHS England on Monday.
The daily figures do not include people who die in care homes or in the community.
The highest total number deaths in a single hospital in the region is at Basildon Hospital in Essex where 55 patients have lost their lives, with a further six deaths announced on Monday.
The Mid Essex NHS Trust which runs Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford announced a further nine deaths on Monday bringing the total there to 25. Those nine deaths occurred in Chelmsford between the 25th and the 30th March.
Total deaths of patients with Covid-19 at hospitals in the Anglia region Figures from NHS England to 5pm on Sunday 5 April 2020 released on Monday
- 55 - Basildon Hospital (up 6 since yesterday)
- 53 - Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow (unchanged)
- 43 - East Suffolk & North Essex (unchanged) with 26 in Colchester and 17 in Ipswich
- 39 - East & North Herts including the Lister Hospital, Stevenage (up 7)
- 37 - West Herts including Watford General (unchanged)
- 35 - Luton & Dunstable Hospital (up 6)
- 28 - Norfolk & Norwich Hospital (up 5)
- 25 - Mid Essex, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford (up 9)
- 22 - Milton Keynes Hospital (unchanged)
- 21 - Bedford Hospital (unchanged)
- 21 - Northampton General Hospital (up 1)
- 20 - Kettering General Hospital (up 2)
- 19 - NW Anglia, Peterborough & Hinchingbrooke (up 2)
- 18 - Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King's Lynn (up 3)
- 17 - Southend Hospital (unchanged)
- 17 - James Paget Hospital, Gorleston (up 4)
- 14 - Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge (up 2)
- 9 - West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds (unchanged)
- 7 - Essex Partnership NHS Trust (unchanged)
- 2 - Royal Papworth Hospital, Cambridge (unchanged)
- 1 - Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust (unchanged)
The number of positive Covid-19 tests in the Anglia region has reached 3,829 with a rise of 336 cases in the 24 hours to 9am on Monday 6 April 2020.
It represents a 10% rise since yesterday; Sunday recorded a 20% rise from Saturday.
Essex is the county with the most cases in the Anglia region as the total topped 1,000. The biggest daily rise was in Northamptonshire - up by 25% since yesterday.
Confirmed coronavirus cases in the Anglia region by 9am on Monday 6 April 2020 Data from Public Health England
- Bedfordshire - 421 cases (up 29 since yesterday)
- Cambridgeshire - 283 cases (up 23)
- Essex - 1,096 cases (up 102)
- Hertfordshire - 858 cases (up 66)
- Milton Keynes - 181 cases (up 26)
- Norfolk - 301 cases (up 22)
- Northamptonshire - 428 cases (up 85)
- Rutland - 6 cases (no change since yesterday)
- Suffolk - 243 cases (up 15)
The Bedfordshire figures are the local authorities of Bedford, Luton and Central Bedfordshire combined. Cambridgeshire includes Peterborough and Essex includes Southend and Thurrock.
Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Boris Johnson under observation after 'comfortable night' in hospital as he battles coronavirus
- Face masks ‘may help protect some households and the vulnerable’
- How to cope with self-isolation and anxiety
- Check the number of cases in your area with our interactive map
- Listen and subscribe to our podcast
- All the coronavirus information you need in one place - from health and work to what you can do to stop the spread of the virus