The number of people dying in hospitals in the Anglia region with Covid-19 has reached 608 with 105 more announced on Tuesday.
It is the largest one-day rise in the death toll in the Anglia region with an increase of 21% although most of the deaths occurred over the weekend and have only just been included in the figures.
The daily figures, released by NHS England, do not include people who die in care homes or in the community.
There's been a big increase in the number of people passing away in hospitals in Essex with 16 more patients dying both at Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford and the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow. There have been 15 additional deaths at Southend Hospital
Total deaths of patients with Covid-19 at hospitals in the Anglia region
Figures from NHS England to 5pm on Monday 6 April 2020 released on Tuesday
- 69 - Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow (up 16 since yesterday)
- 61 - Basildon Hospital (up 6)
- 51 - East Suffolk & North Essex (up 8)
- 46 - Luton & Dunstable Hospital (up 11)
- 41 - East & North Herts including the Lister Hospital, Stevenage (up 2)
- 41 - Mid Essex, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford (up 16)
- 40 - West Herts including Watford General (up 3)
- 35 - Milton Keynes Hospital (up 13)
- 32 - Southend Hospital (up 15)
- 29 - Norfolk & Norwich Hospital (up 1)
- 25 - Northampton General Hospital (up 4)
- 22 - NW Anglia, Peterborough & Hinchingbrooke (up 3)
- 21 - Bedford Hospital (unchanged)
- 21 - James Paget Hospital, Gorleston (up 4)
- 20 - Kettering General Hospital (unchanged)
- 18 - Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King's Lynn (unchanged)
- 16 - Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge (up 2)
- 10 - West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds (up 1)
- 7 - Essex Partnership NHS Trust (unchanged)
- 2 - Royal Papworth Hospital, Cambridge (unchanged)
- 1 - Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust (unchanged)
Across the UK, the number of deaths of hospital patients has reached 6,159, which is a rise of 786 cases since yesterday.
The rise in the number of confirmed coronavirus cases has slowed with a rise since Monday of 7%, up 3,634 to 55,242.
The number who have tested positive for Covid-19 is also rising more slowly in the Anglia region.
The total number of cases in the Anglia region was 4,179 at 9am on Tuesday 7 April, up by 350 since Monday.
Confirmed coronavirus cases in the Anglia region by 9am on Tuesday 7 April 2020
Data from Public Health England
- Bedfordshire - 479 cases (up 58 since yesterday)
- Cambridgeshire - 299 cases (up 16)
- Essex - 1,199 cases (up 103)
- Hertfordshire - 933 cases (up 63)
- Milton Keynes - 186 cases (up 5)
- Norfolk - 341 cases (up 40)
- Northamptonshire - 473 cases (up 45)
- Rutland - 6 cases (no change since yesterday)
- Suffolk - 263 cases (up 20)
Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- PM 'stable' and 'in good spirits' after receiving oxygen treatment for coronavirus
- What are the signs and symptoms of coronavirus?
- Check the number of cases in your area with our interactive map
- Listen and subscribe to our podcast
- All the coronavirus information you need in one place - from health and work to what you can do to stop the spread of the virus