Three more Conservative MPs in the Anglia region have called on the Prime Ministers' senior advisor Dominic Cummings to quit over his lockdown drive to Durham.
The Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman, the South West Bedfordshire MP Andrew Selous and the Clacton MP Giles Watling have now added to the growing number of Tories who say Mr Cummings must resign.
If follows Boris Johnson's first appearance before the powerful House of Commons Liaison Select Committee chaired by the Harwich and North Essex MP Sir Bernard Jenkin.
The Prime Minister was questioned for 90 minutes by senior MPs on the government's handling of the coronavirus crisis and on the actions of Mr Cummings.
Four of the region's Tory MPs - Peter Aldous, Peter Bone, Jackie Doyle-Price and Stephen Metcalfe - had already called on Dominic Cummings to go.
Mr Cummings drove from London to Durham to isolate with his family during the lockdown, and says he subsequently took a trip to Barnard Castle to see if he was fit enough to drive before returning to the capital.
George Freeman, who was a minister used to work in Downing Street as head of Theresa May's Policy Board in 2016, said he had about 1,000 emails from constituents expressing outrage about Mr Cummings.
He said: "DC must go"
The South West Bedfordshire MP Andrew Selous put a statement on his website on Wednesday afternoon.
He said: "The country has come together to defeat this terrible virus and it is especially important that those who have imposed these necessary restrictions on our freedom take special care to obey them fully themselves."
"While I have compassion for him being ill with COVID-19, having a sick wife and child, and being under huge pressure, I believe that his behaviour has damaged the Prime Minister, the Government and, most critically of all, the integrity of our vital public health messages. "I therefore think he should no longer have a role in Government as his continued presence makes the vital work of the Government in tackling COVID-19 more difficult."
The Clacton MP Giles Watling also said Mr Cummings must stand down.
He said in a statement on his website: "I have received and reviewed an unprecedented volume of correspondence relating to Dominic Cummings in recent days.
"Overwhelmingly, that correspondence has expressed anger at Mr Cummings’ conduct."
Mr Watling also said there had been a 'trial by media' which he claimed was an 'unsavoury witch hunt'.
But he concluded: "I believe, the only way to restore the credibility of the Government’s guidance in the eyes of local residents is for Mr Cummings to stand down."
A YouGov survey for The Times showed the Conservative lead over Labour had been cut by nine points during the Cummings saga - the biggest drop since 2010 - as support for the Government fell four points to 44% with Labour rising five points to 38%.