Dozens of firefighters were called to a major barn fire in Chelmsford on Friday evening.Read the full story ›
Two dolphins have been rescued after becoming stuck in mud in the Thames Estuary.Read the full story ›
A dog has died and a family have been left without a home after a fire in a village near Braintree.Read the full story ›
Three police officers have been treated for smoke inhalation after rescuing a man from a burning flat in Colchester.Read the full story ›
Firefighters have had to rescue a pony which accidentally fell into a swimming pool in Chelmsford.Read the full story ›
Essex firefighters are dealing with a chemical spill after a lorry crash on the A127 near Rayleigh.
A drum containing 25 litres of sodium hypochlorite, which is used to make bleach, has tipped over and split inside the lorry and the liquid is leaking onto the roadway.
Four fire engines and a specialist chemical incident unit are at the scene at Rayleigh Weir working to make the area safe and stop the chemical entering the rivers and drains.
First group soon to go into service under joint initiative with EssexRead the full story ›
The Fire Brigades' Union in Essex has announced a further strike on Thursday 6 August in their long-running dispute over cuts.
The union says Essex County Fire and Rescue Service (ECFRS) faces budget cuts which will see 187 job losses.
“Our service has suffered cut after cut. These attacks are nothing less than a dismantling of the fire and rescue service in Essex.
"If ECFRS are allowed to continue decimating our frontline service, the public will have to wait longer for their fire engines to arrive in an emergency. It is only a matter of time before there are casualties."
Firecrews have been called to the Port of Harwich after 4000 tonnes of wood chip caught fire.
Two crews from Dovercourt and one from Manningtree have been called to the scene.
A man's been treated by ambulance crews for breathing in smoke after a fire in a house in Basildon. Seven fire crews are tackling the blaze: the three-storey house in Gambleside is still burning.