Live updates

Motorcyclist killed in crash with lorry near Norwich

Police at the scene of the crash on Salhouse Road. Credit: ITV News Anglia.

Police have confirmed a motorcyclist was killed in a crash in Norfolk this morning.

The victim, in his 50s, was travelling along Salhouse Road in Rackheath, near Norwich, when he crashed with a lorry at about 8.50am.

The road was closed for around four hours.

Police at the scene of the crash on Salhouse Road. Credit: ITV News Anglia.


Coroner: Toddler's death a 'devastating tragedy'

A coroner has ruled the death of a 20-month-old girl - found face down in a pond - was accidental.

Chelsea Syder was discovered by her father in the pond at the family home in Rackheath just outside Norwich in May.

She was taken to hospital but died 12 days later. At today's inquest, Coroner William Armstrong said Chelsea was a "much loved and well cared for litle girl" whose death was "a devastating tragedy

Firefighters tackle blaze at paper firm

Firefighters tackle fire at industrial estate. Credit: Photo: Mike Page

More than 60 firefighters have been tackling a blaze at a paper shredding company in Rackheath outside Norwich.

Crews were called to an industrial unit used by PHS Data Shred.

Rackheath Industrial estate. Credit: Photo: Mike Page

They were unable to enter the building because three gas cylinders were inside.

Neighbouring units had to be evacuated, while people living nearby were told to keep their windows shut.


Fire on Norfolk industrial estate

Norfolk firefighters dealing with a blaze on the Rackheath Industrial Estate near Norwich Credit: ITV Anglia/Sean Cockrell

Around forty-five firefighters are tackling a blaze at the Rackheath Industrial Estate in Norfolk. The fire started around 8.30 on Wednesday morning. It's reported that the fire in a unit which shreds confidential documents. Other premises on the estate have been evacuated.

The same industrial estate was hit by a devastating gas explosion in January 2011. The blast was heard more than 10 miles away and several businesses were forced to close while repairs were carried out.