The Duke of Edinburgh is to face no further action over his Sandringham car crash.
97-year old Philip voluntarily surrendered his driving licence on Saturday and he has apologised for his part in an accident on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk when his Land Rover Freelander collided with another car carrying a baby last month, leaving two women needing hospital treatment.
Some 48 hours after the crash he was pictured driving without a seatbelt, prompting criticism.
The Crown Prosecution Service said it has been decided it was not in the public interest to prosecute.
All those involved in the collision have been informed and provided with a full explanation in writing.
"The CPS has carefully reviewed material submitted by the police in relation to a traffic collision on the A149 on 17 January this year...We took into account all of the circumstances in this case, including the level of culpability, the age of the driver and the surrender of the driving licence."
The decision was made after considering all the evidence submitted by the police and in accordance with the two-stage test in the Code for Crown Prosecutors.
The Queen has joined commuters on the train from King's Lynn back to London after her Christmas break at Sandringham in Norfolk.Read the full story ›
Emma Fairweather, the passenger injured in a car crash with Prince Phillip says the Duke should be prosecuted if found to be at fault.Read the full story ›
The Queen has been to a Sunday morning service in Wolferton near Sandringham, but the Duke of Edinburgh was not with her.Read the full story ›
The Duke of Edinburgh’s car crash at the age of 97 has prompted debate around the safe age of drivers.Read the full story ›
The speed limit on the Norfolk road where the Duke of Edinburgh crashed will be cut from 60mph to 50mph.Read the full story ›
The duke saw a doctor as a precaution, Buckingham Palace said.Read the full story ›
Police breath-tested the Duke of Edinburgh - and the driver of another vehicle - following a crash near the Sandringham Estate this afternoon.
A statement from Norfolk Police confirmed both drivers provided negative readings.
A spokesman said it was "force policy" to breath test drivers involved in collisions.
The crash - involving Prince Philip's Landrover and a Kia - took place on the A149 at Babingley, near Sandringham, just before 3pm on Thursday 17 January.
The Duke was uninjured. The female driver of the Kia suffered cuts while a female passenger had an arm injury. Both were treated at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn and have since been discharged.
The Duke of Edinburgh has been involved in a road accident while driving close to the Sandringham Estate.Read the full story ›
The Duke of Edinburgh has been involved in a road accident while driving close to the Sandringham Estate.
Philip, 97, was not injured in the crash on Thursday afternoon, Buckingham Palace said.
Norfolk Police said officers were called to the Sandringham Estate shortly before 3pm "following reports of a collision involving two cars".
A spokesman added that police and ambulance crews attended and two people in one of the vehicles suffered minor injuries.
The palace said the duke was seen later by a doctor as a precaution and confirmed he was not injured.
A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman confirmed the duke was driving when the accident happened.
She added: "He saw a doctor as a precaution and the doctor confirmed he was not injured."
The spokeswoman would not comment on who Philip's passenger was, but it is likely the duke was travelling with his close protection officer.