A zoo owner who's dedicated her life to saving animals is left with a deadly disease after she was bitten by an insect in the jungle.
It is thought Rebecca Willers's condition was triggered while she was helping to combat tiger poaching on the Indonesian island of Sumatra.
It's left the director of Shepreth Zoo in Cambridgeshire with a disease that could kill her and which is already having a major impact on her life.
- Click to watch a report by ITV News Anglia's Matthew Hudson
An untreatable medical condition which is likely to end, or at least shorten, her life.
Probably triggered by an insect bite or parasite Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis causes Rebecca's immune system to attack healthy cells.
A company from Cambridgeshire has inlisted the help of raccoons to take part in an unusual product development test.
The firm, from Dry Drayton, has designed a new cat flap which scans the unique ID code inside microchipped pets and locks all other animals out.
The raccoons at Shepreth Wildlife Park were chosen to see if they could crack the system. So far they've failed to break in.
A woman has won a fight to have her great uncle's name spelled correctly on a village memorial in Cambridgeshire 97 years after his death during the First World War.
Alison Corfield says the mis-spelling of Private George Samuel's name as "Samuels" on the memorial in Shepreth caused great distress to her parents after the war ended.
A Cambridgeshire village Historic Society has posted photographs from a First World War military hospital on its website.Read the full story ›
A meeting has been held in Shepreth in Cambridgeshire today to decide the fate of the only pub in the village.Read the full story ›
The future of The Plough in Shepreth in Cambridgeshire is being decided at a public hearing today.Read the full story ›