The Met Office has upgraded its wet weather warning to amber in the south of the Anglia region with a yellow warning elsewhere.Read the full story ›
The Met Office has extended the strong wind warning from Storm Hannah to the Anglia region for Friday night into Saturday.Read the full story ›
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for strong winds on Tuesday and Wednesday as Storm Gareth sweeps in.Read the full story ›
Storm Freya is expected to bring strong winds to northwestern parts of the Anglia region on Sunday into Monday.Read the full story ›
Very windy for northern areas with gales and blustery showers this morning. Then becoming mostly dry with sunny spells this afternoon.Read the full story ›
As low pressure systems move in from the Atlantic, heavy rain and strong winds are forecast over the coming few daysRead the full story ›
The snow warning is for Tuesday evening and Wednesday, with a second warning issued for Thursday evening and FridayRead the full story ›
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for strong winds in the East Anglia on Sunday 27 January 2019.Read the full story ›
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for strong winds in parts of the East of England.Read the full story ›
The Met Office has upgraded its thunderstorm warning for East Anglia to amber.
The Met Office says heavy thunderstorms are likely and torrential downpours are possible with as much as 30 mm of rainfall in 1 hour and 60 mm in 3 hours.
Large hail, frequent lightning and strong, gusty winds will be additional hazards.
The amber warning is in force from 2pm until 8pm but a yellow warning will stay in place until 2am on Saturday
What to expect
- Flooding of homes and businesses is likely and could happen quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds
- Fast flowing or deep floodwater is likely, causing danger to life
- Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, delays and some cancellations to train and bus services are likely
- Spray and sudden flooding probably leading to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- Power cuts likely to occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost
- Some communities may become cut off if roads flood