Live updates


Post mortems due on pedestrians in double death crash

Post mortems due on crash pair. Credit: Family pictures

Post mortems are due to be carried out later today on two pedestrians who died following a collision in Yaxley near Peterborough last week.

Thomas Northam and his friend Thomas Fletcher were killed when they were walking along the B1091 last Tuesday.

A man from Essex has been charged in connection with their death.

Suffolk teenager becomes Britain's youngest landlord

A teenager from Suffolk is about to become the country's youngest pub landlord.

Charlie Watts will be 18 this weekend and will officially take over the running of the Cherry Trees at Yaxley near Eye from his dad who's left to get a 'proper job'.

Click below to see Kate Prout's full report:


E-fit images of suspects released following burglaries in Suffolk

E-fit images of suspects following burglaries in Yaxley and Burgate in April Credit: Suffolk Police

Police are appealing for information and issuing e-fit images of suspects following burglaries in Yaxley and Burgate in April.

One, seen in Yaxley, is described as white, in his early 40’s, of thin build, around 5’11” tall, with short, brown, straight hair, with pitted skin on his face.

The second male seen in Yaxley is described as white, around 30 years old, of ‘fit’ looking build, around 5’11” tall, with very dark, short, spiky hair and olive-tanned skin. He had a tattoo of a bird, possibly a swallow on his hand, and other tattoos could be seen on his arm.

One of the males seen in Burgate is described as white, around 18-20 years old, of slim build and was wearing a grey zip-up top, similar to a fleece.

Police name murder victim

Cambridgeshire Police has named a man who is believed to have been murdered over the bank holiday weekend. Kevin Lee, who was 48-years-old, from the Fletton area of Peterborough was last seen on Good Friday. His body was found in a ditch by the A16 at Newborough.

His estate car was found burnt out near a farm at Yaxley. A post mortem has revealed he died from stab wounds. A 23-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder has been released on police bail.

Load more updates