The headteacher of the John Ray Infant School in Braintree has spoken of her shock after her school was burnt down.
Headteacher Sandra Way said: "I was incredibly saddened and shocked by the fire on Saturday and am disappointed that there will be a delay to the start of the new term.
"We will be working closely with the district and county council to ensure we can start the new school year as soon as possible."
More top news
A new activity has been launched on campus to improve the mental and physical wellbeing of students - dog walking.
Three years ago the pretty market town of Halesworth in Suffolk had three banks - now it does not even have a 24 hour cash machine.
A woman from Peterborough who started to go blind in her teens has now learned to row solo, more than 30 years later.