A section of floating roadway used during the D-Day landings in Normandy has been restored and put on display in Duxford.
Dubbed 'The Whale', the bridge was part of the Mulberry Harbour, a network of huge floating roads used to rapidly offload cargo and soldiers.
The harbour was crucial to the success of the Allies in breaking out from the beaches of Normandy and is widely considered to be one of the greatest engineering feats of World War Two.
Seventy years later 'The Whale' has been restored and transported to the Imperial War Museum in Duxford. It is the only one of it's kind in the UK.
It was donated by Les Amis du Pont Bailey and made possible by the family of Major Allan Beckett, the wartime designer of the Whale.
View footage of The Mulberry Harbour in 1944 below (c) British Pathé