A public consultation on the upgrade of the A47 will begin in March.
Money has been earmarked to improve six areas of the road - including three stretches of dual carriageway.
Drivers, residents and businesses will all have their chance to give their opinions on the plans aimed at relieving congestion.
Areas marked for improvement include:
- A47 Wansford to Sutton; dualling
- A47/A141 Guyhirn Junction; junction improvement
- A47 North Tuddenham to Easton; dualling
- A47 Blofield to North Burlingham; dualling
- A47/A11 junction'Thickthorn junction improvement
- A47/A12 junction enhancements to the following junctions and roundabouts: Vauxhall, Gapton, Harfreys, Bridge Road and James Paget Hospital.
The A47 which has a number of congestion hotspots around Norwich, Peterborough an Great Yarmouth is also facing significant growth.
The work which is scheduled to start in 2020 should help to relieve congestion says Highways England.