Addenbrooke’s Hospital say they've seen a big rise in the number of people with flu like systems and have confirmed it's an outbreak.
The hospital says it has put plans into place to manage the outbreak, but are appealing for people to help them prevent the spread.
They're urging visitors to stay away from hospital if they have flu-like symptoms, diarrhoea or sickness this Christmas and New Year, or have had these symptoms over the last 48 hours.
The hospital has also said:
- Only two visitors per patient are permitted at any one time
- Use hand sanitisers at the entrance to each ward, or wash your hands in the nearby sinks with soap and water.
- Children should not visit unless agreed with the wards in advance.
- If you need to come into A & E please do not bring large groups of friends and family, since it increases the risk of infection.
- A&E is really busy so it is important that patients only attend if it is an emergency or a life threatening condition.
The hospital says people with coughs, colds and flu-like symptoms are advised to rest at home and ensure they drink plenty of fluids.