The Duke of Edinburgh is to face no further action over his Sandringham car crash.
97-year old Philip voluntarily surrendered his driving licence on Saturday and he has apologised for his part in an accident on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk when his Land Rover Freelander collided with another car carrying a baby last month, leaving two women needing hospital treatment.
Some 48 hours after the crash he was pictured driving without a seatbelt, prompting criticism.
The Crown Prosecution Service said it has been decided it was not in the public interest to prosecute.
All those involved in the collision have been informed and provided with a full explanation in writing.
"The CPS has carefully reviewed material submitted by the police in relation to a traffic collision on the A149 on 17 January this year...We took into account all of the circumstances in this case, including the level of culpability, the age of the driver and the surrender of the driving licence."
The decision was made after considering all the evidence submitted by the police and in accordance with the two-stage test in the Code for Crown Prosecutors.
Emma Fairweather, the passenger injured in a car crash with Prince Phillip says the Duke should be prosecuted if found to be at fault.
The Queen has been to a Sunday morning service in Wolferton near Sandringham, but the Duke of Edinburgh was not with her.
The Duke of Edinburgh’s car crash at the age of 97 has prompted debate around the safe age of drivers.