131 bridges throughout Cumbria require inspection. 72 have been inspected so far, with the remaining inspections due to be completed today.
· Pooley Bridge and Middleton Hall Bridge have been destroyed.
· Little Braithwaite Bridge, Gowan Old Bridge (Staveley), Hawes Bridge (Natland), Abbey Bridge (Staveley) and Millers Footbridge in Cockermouth have been partially lost.
· Eden Bridge (Carlisle), Greta Bridge (Keswick), Derwent Bridge (Cockermouth), Eamont Bridge (near Penrith), Rickerby Memorial Footbridge and St Lawrence Bridge (Appleby) and the bridge at New Road, Burneside are closed to all traffic pending diving inspections.
· Major structural damage on the A591 main north south route through the Lake District with 21 miles completely impassable. The diversion is a distance of 41 miles.
· Major structural damage on the A592 at Ullswater. The diversion route is 51 miles.
· Major structural damage on the A686 at Langwathby. The diversion route is 70 miles.