The new administration for Scottish Borders Council has been agreed two weeks after the local council elections.
The posts have been filled by the following:
- Convenor – Councillor David Parker
- Leader – Councillor Shona Haslam
- Depute Convener & Executive Member for Adult Social Care – Councillor Tom Weatherston
- Executive Member for Children & Young People - Councillor Carol Hamilton
- Executive Member for Finance - Councillor George Turnbull
- Executive Member for Business & Economic Development – Councillor Mark Rowley
- Executive Member for Transformation & HR and Locality Committee Chair for Cheviot - Councillor Simon Mountford
- Executive Member for Roads & Infrastructure and Locality Committee Chair for Eildon – Councillor Gordon Edgar
- Executive Member for Culture & Sport – Councillor Euan Jardine
- Executive Member for Planning & Environment – Councillor Tom Miers
- Executive Member for Neighbourhoods & Locality Services – Councillor Sandy Aitchison
- Locality Committee Chair for Teviot & Liddesdale – Councillor Stuart Marshall
- Locality Committee Chair for Berwickshire – Councillor Jim Fullarton
- Locality Committee Chair for Tweeddale – Councillor Robin Tatler
- Police, Fire & Rescue & Safer Communities Board Chair – Councillor Watson McAteer
- Chair of Audit & Scrutiny – Councillor Stuart Bell.
Councillors agreed to an amended model of decision making which will see the Area Forums replaced by newly focussed Locality Committees with greater powers to make relevant local decisions.
Elected Members also decided to add a scrutiny function to the Audit and Risk Committee, which will become a combined Audit and Scrutiny Committee.
The next meeting of the Council will take place on Thursday 25 May at 10am at SBC Headquarters.