A world record cyclist has filmed some of Dumfries & Galloway's most popular attractions in a new video for VisitScotland.
The video sees Mark Beaumont pass some of the region’s most recognisable attractions, activities, and landscapes, including:
- Port Logan Bay
- The Southern Upland Way at Clatteringshaws Loch
- Mennock Pass near Wanlockhead
- Loch Dee and Glentrool, Galloway Forest Park
- Fingland Hill and Stroanpatrick near Carsphairn
- Threave Castle, near Castle Douglas
- Logan Botanic Garden, near Stranraer
- Kagyu Samye Ling Monastry, near Langholm
Prior to filming the video, the athlete set a new Guinness World Record for the fastest circumnavigation of the Earth by bicycle.
He completed the challenge in 79 days on the Artemis World Cycle.
In the voiceover of the video, Mark discusses his passion for cycling.
He says quite often people cycle to ‘escape’ and get ‘some head space’.
Featured in the video is the sailing and outdoor activities on offer on Loch Ken at the Galloway Activity Centre.
It also includes views around Scotland's highest village, Wanlockhead.
VisitScotland's Regional Director said: