Visiting restrictions are in place at Cumbrian hospitals in a bit to combat the spread of winter illnesses.
Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary and the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven have brought controls into force with immediate effect.
NHS bosses say the following restrictions have been introduced due to an increase in the cases of flu and other viral infections:
- No (visiting) children under 12.
- Visiting outside of normal visiting hours is strictly prohibited.
- Only one visitor per patient is permitted in emergency departments.
- No more than two visitors per patient on wards at any time.
- Strict handwashing guidance must be followed when visiting wards.