Copeland is holding its first tourism summit today as business leaders across the borough look to build on increasing numbers of tourists to the area.
They'll looking at how they can encourage more people from the Lake District honeypot area to visit the Cumbrian coast to see what the area has to offer.
Hosted by the Mayor of Copeland, Mike Starkie, the meeting will have a number of speakers including the Managing Director of Cumbria Tourism and Director of Sustainable Development at the Lake District National Park Authority.
Held at St Bees Management Centre, a range of speakers from around Cumbria will have their say:
- 10.30: Introduction from Mayor of Copeland, Mike Starkie
- 10:40: Gill Haigh, Managing Director, Cumbria Tourism
- 11:00: Peter Frost-Pennington, Muncaster Castle
- 11:20: Nigel Wilkinson from Cumbria Local Enterprise Partnership
- 11:40: Steve Ratcliffe, Lake District National Park
- 12:00: Julie Betteridge, Copeland Council
- 12:20: Trudy Harrison, Copeland MP
- 12:40: Closing remarks from Mayor of Copeland, Mike Starkie