A 'vital' help service for survivors of rape, sexual exploitation, domestic and sexual abuse in Cumbria has seen a rise in the number of referrals.
The Bridgeway in Carlisle offers specialist therapy and counselling to survivors of all ages across the county.
Ade Kevern, a 48-year-old firefighter from Whitehaven, decided three years ago to speak up about being abused by a neighbour when he was a young boy.
He is now helping others by volunteering for Safety Net - an organisation in partnership with The Bridgeway.
Money from the Police and Crime Commissioner's community fund will ensure continuity of the service.
The following services are available to anyone affected by rape, sexual exploitation, domestic or sexual abuse:
- SafetyNet - 01228 515859 or email@example.com (Cumbria)
- The Bridgeway - 0808 118 6432 or firstname.lastname@example.org (Cumbria)
- Mind - 0808 802 9999 (National)
- NSPCC - 0808 800 5000 or email@example.com (National)
- South West Rape Crisis & Sexual Abuse Centre - 01387 253 113 or firstname.lastname@example.org (Dumfriesshire)
- Scottish Borders Rape Crisis Centre - 08088 01 03 02 (Galashiels)
- The Survivors Trust - 0808 801 0818 (National)
- Rape Crisis - 0808 802 9999 (National)
- Victim Support- 0808 168 9111 (National)
- West Cumbria Rape Crisis - 0808 118 6432 (Cumbria)