Fifteen recycling sites are being axed across Copeland as the borough council claims they're no longer needed.
The authority says improved kerbside recycling collections over the past 18 months has led to a reduction in the amount of waste being taken to collection sites.
Ten large recycling centres will continue to operate when the fifteen others close by the end of November.
The council currently spends £40,000 a year operating the sites that will be removed.
The 15 sites being removed are:
- Kings Head, Main Street (Bootle)
- Calderbridge Village Hall
- Main Street car park (Cleator)
- Ennerdale Scout Camp
- Eskdale Green car park
- Frizington Road car park
- East Road (Lowca)
- Moor Row Working Men's Club
- The Screes (Nether Wasdale)
- Nether Wasdale campsite
- Churchstile Caravan Park (Nether Wasdale)
- Parton play area
- Main Street car park (Pica)
- Brown Cow (Waberthwaite)
- Wasdale Head campsite