Views are being sought on plans for transforming a former munitions depot in west Cumbria in a move that could create up to 2,000 new homes.
The so-called 'Derwent Forest Masterplan' would see the 1,050-acre Broughton Moor site between Cockermouth and Workington turned into a new community and visitor centre.
The first part of the scheme - being led by site owner Derwent Forest Development Consortium - includes proposals for 75-homes and a visitor centre but the wider project could see a total of 2,000 properties built.
A drop-in session is being held at Broughton Moor Village Hall between 1530 and 1900 on 29 January so people can view the plans and give feedback.
The developers are set to submit a planning application to Allerdale Borough Council next month.
The depot opened as a Royal Navy armaments store in 1939 and was used by the Ministry of Defence until the early 1960s when it was leased to West Germany.
From the late 1970s the United States Navy stockpiled armaments at the site and it was formally operated as a NATO storage base until it closed in 1992 following the end of the Cold War.