A water mains that was damaged during storm Ciara has now been repaired, but United Utilities says some homes and businesses remain without water.
The company said it would take some time to fully restore water supplies to some 8,000 homes in the Eden Valley.
Water has returned to some homes but pressure remains low.
They say the delay is as a result having to pump 90 million litres of water back into the network.
In a post on their website United Utilities said;
Customers who are still without water are being advised that bottled water stations remain open.
Bottles can be collected at the following locations;
- Glenridding Village Hall, Penrith, CA11 OQA
- The Crown Inn, Ivegill, CA4 0PT
- Shap Memorial Hall, Shap, Penrith CA10 3NL
- Market Square, Kirkby Stephen, CA17 4QN
- Moot Hall, Boroughgate, Appleby-in-Westmorland, CA16 6XE
- Pooley Bridge Village Hall, Pooley Bridge, Penrith, CA10 2NL
- Greystoke Village Greystoke, Penrith, CA11 0TP
- Tebay Services (Northbound), Westmorland Place, Orton, CA10 3SB