More than 35 schools have been forced to close due to heavy snow fall in Cumbria and southern Scotland.
A yellow weather warning for snow is in place for Dumfries & Galloway until 10pm tonight, with similar warnings in place until 3pm for Cumbria and parts of the Scottish Borders.
A yellow weather warning has been issued for northern England with the Environment Agency (EA) warning of ongoing flood dangers.
Drivers have been advised to expect traffic disruption on roads across the the region, with the worst affected in Eden and South Lakeland in Cumbria.
Road closures in Cumbria on Monday 24 February:
- Shap - Snow and impassable on A6.
- Sedbergh - A684 Back Lane just passable due to snow at Finkle Street.
- Windermere - Heavy traffic due to snow on A592 both ways from A591 Ambleside Road to A5074 Crag Brow.
- M6 - Speed restriction and delays due to snow on M6 between 36 and 41.
- Lindale - A590 Westbound blocked with queueing traffic due to snow.
- Levens - Slow traffic on A590.
- Grizebeck - A590 just passable, slow traffic due to snow between Grizebeck and Greenodd.
- Lyth Valley Road - Flooding on A5074 barely passable between the A590 Gilpin Bridge and the Lyth Valley Hotel.
- Burton-in-Kendal - A6 near Carnforth flooded but passable with care.
School closures on Monday 24 February:
- The Lakes School
- Lowther Endowed School
- Newbridge House PRU
- Grange CofE Primary School
- Tebay Primary School
- Sandside Lodge School
- St Mary's Catholic Primary School
- Thwaites School
- Waberthwaite CofE School
- Broughton CofE School
- St James' CofE Junior School
- Ambleside CofE Primary School
- Ullswater Community College
- St Cuthbert's Catholic Primary School - Windermere
- St James' CofE Junior School - Barrow
- St Martin & St Mary CofE Primary School
- St Mark's CofE Primary School
- Queen Elizabeth Grammar School
- St Bernard's Catholic High School
- Langdale CofE School
- Skelton School
- Penruddock Primary School
- Stanwix School
- Lindale CofE Primary School
- North Lakes School
- North Walney Primary, Nursery and Pre-School
- Kirkby Stephen Grammar School
- Chetwynde School
- Clifton School
- Crosthwaite CofE School
- Captain Shaw's CofE School
- Sedbergh Primary School
- Flookburgh CofE Primary School
- St James' Catholic Primary School
- Allithwaite CofE School
- Sandgate School
- Settlebeck High School
- Old Hutton CofE School
Electricity Northwest has issued an apology to customers in Cumbria and the Lake District after a "high volume of calls" about disruption to electricity supplies.
A spokesperson from the company said: "Anybody who is affected by a power cut, you can dial 105 or contact us via social media and check for power cut information in your postcode on our website."
Extreme weather is expected to settle down midweek and temperatures are set to dip. The Met Office has issued a warning for more heavy rain on Friday.
The weekend's weather front has not been named by the Met Office.
- Stay up to date with all of weather news on the ITV Border website.