A hen party in Cockermouth was cut short when a fire broke out in their accommodation over the weekend.
Seven firefighters from Cockermouth Fire Station were called out at 5:45am on Saturday to tackle the flames.
The party of 19 had arrived from Warrington on Friday and spent an evening partying before being woken up by the fire alarm.
One of the group said: "I went to bed after 2am and when we were woken up, our room was literally engulfed in smoke.
"I called 999 and we all got outside. One of the firemen told me that if we hadn't have gotten out, we would have been toast.
"Someone told us that Greggs was open so we all went there in our pyjamas and slippers for a brew.
"It was very scary, it ruined the weekend but we were blessed that we got out.
"I have three new dresses with the tags on and I can't get the smell of smoke out of them."
The group travelled back to Warrington after they had been allowed to retrieve their possessions from the building.
The owner of the accommodation believes the cause of the fire to be an electrical fault with the building's sauna and says they hope to be welcoming visitors again in the next couple of days.
They said: "We'd like to say a big thanks to the fire department for their swift response."
The firefighters posed for a picture with the hen.
A spokesperson for Cumbria Fire and Rescue said: "Two fire engines from Workington and Cockermouth attended the fire which involved a sauna.
“Firefighters used four breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, a covering jet and positive pressure ventilation to extinguish the fire.
“Fire crews were in attendance for approximately two hours and a half hours.”
Want a quick and expert briefing on the biggest news stories? Listen to our latest podcasts to find out What You Need To know...