Live updates


Laughing gas canisters found in Annan play park

Canisters discovered at the play park in Annan Credit: Dumfries Galloway Police Division

A warning has been issued by police after small canisters of nitrous oxide, known as laughing gas, were found in a play park in Annan.

Dumfries and Galloway Police Division said the discovery was made on Thursday 19 April.

Contrary to what some believe, there are risks attached to abusing nitrous oxide. Prolonged usage causes the oxygen level in the body to drop and this leads to dizziness, unconsciousness or worse. Mixing it with alcohol is especially dangerous."

– Dumfries and Galloway Police Division

Police said their message is clear - "abusing nitrous oxide is dangerous and the canisters should never be left in a children's play park."


Police appeal after Doberman dog 'jumps' on child

Police are appealing for information. Credit: ITV Border

Police are appealing for the owner of a Doberman dog, which allegedly jumped on one child and chased another, to come forward.

At around 12:15pm on Sunday 15 April a man and his two sons, aged four and eight, stopped on a bike ride along the shore near Newbie, on the outskirts of Annan.

They were approached by a man, described as being in his late fifties, with a Doberman.

The dog is alleged to have jumped on the eight-year-old child and chased the four-year-old, causing him to fall over.

The man and dog then left the area.

Neither child was seriously hurt, but both were left upset by the incident.

Police Scotland are urging anyone with information to contact them on 101 quoting incident PS-20180415-1919.

They are also asking the owner of the dog to contact Police at Annan.

Woman flips car swerving to avoid animal near Annan

Credit: Scottish Fire and Rescue Service

A woman is being treated for a head injury after her car left the B723 near Annan and overturned, landing in a burn.

Emergency services were called to the scene at around 8.20am today, Wednesday 21 February.

Police said the woman, who swerved to avoid an animal, had minor injuries and was taken to Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary.

Credit: Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
Load more updates