Live updates

Carlisle boss sets sights on facing top flight side in FA Cup

Carlisle United manager Keith Curle Credit: Press Association

Carlisle United manager Keith Curle says his sights are set on securing a lucrative FA Cup tie against top flight opposition.

The Blues have been drawn away to League One Gillingham in the second round of the competition.

But Curle is eying up a third round spot which could see Carlisle face Premier League opponents.

Speaking to the club website after last night's second round draw, he said: "There's a game to be won and, in this case, a place in the third round with the clubs from the top tier to aim for.

"We have nothing to fear and if we show the same attention to detail which has made us very hard to beat recently, we'll give ourselves a real chance."

The second round ties will be played between 1 and 4 December.

Police to investigate 'racism' against Everton players

Police are investigating reports of racist behaviour directed towards Everton's football players on the pitch during Carlisle's FA Cup fourth round tie.

The alleged incident happened following Everton's first goal in the match - scored by their Ivorian striker Arouna Koné.

Officers want anyone at Carlisle's ground to get in touch with them if they heard any racist remarks.

The club has also confirmed that it will conduct its own investigation and will punish any supporters who are found to have made racist comments.

"We are investigating allegations of racist behaviour directed towards Everton players following the first goal.

"Hate crime will not be tolerated in this county and any allegation will be fully investigated.

"We ask that anyone with information makes contact with police."

– Superintendent Justin Bibby, Cumbria Police



Carlisle to face Everton after FA Cup shootout success

Carlisle United are through to the FA Cup Fourth Round after a dramatic penalty shootout win over fellow League Two club Yeovil Town.

In a Third Round Replay at Huish Park, Jack Compton put the home side in front in the first-half but the Cumbrians equalised through Antony Sweeney in the 79th minute.

Dramatically, former Carlisle striker Francois Zoko earned Yeovil a penalty in added time but fired his spot kick wide of the post.

Both sides were reduced to ten men in extra time, before Carlisle won 5-4 on penalties.

That result earned Keith Curle's side a home tie with Premier League side Everton in the Fourth Round.

90th minute goal deprives Carlisle of FA cup win

Carlisle United will have to replay their FA Cup third round match after a 90th minute equaliser by Yeovil.

The Blues were twice in the lead against the football league's second bottom club.

Grainger scored first after 25 minutes and Carlisle held onto that lead until the 71st minute when their former player, Francois Zoko, put Yeovil level.

Ellis put Carlisle back in the lead and heading for a fourth round place but Jeffers equalised for Yeovil in stoppage time.

If Carlisle can win the replay it will be their first time in the fourth round for almost 20 years.

Load more updates