Homes, businesses, roads, trains AND planes have all been affected by heavy rain hitting the region.Read the full story ›
One of the region's largest employer says it can press ahead and create new jobs thanks to new flood defences.Read the full story ›
Researchers took samples from Bassenthwaite Lake which was severely affected during Storm Desmond.Read the full story ›
The final designs for a £44 million pound flood defence project in southern Scotland are on display.Read the full story ›
The Scottish Borders Council is warning that as the thaw of snow from the Beast from the East continues, the next problem could be flooding.
This comes after an AMBER FLOOD ALERT has been issued for the Scottish Borders.
Melting snow drifts have caused a number of cars to flood already.
ITV Border reporter Jennifer Cordingley was LIVE just outside of Whitsome with more on this story.
Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.
Residents in Cumbria are being asked for their opinions on the best ways to spend government funding on flood prevention in the county.Read the full story ›
MP for Penrith and the Border, Rory Stewart, has suggested a £5 increase on council tax to contribute towards flood defences.
The Conservative MP said the proposal could bring in £500,000 a year and is already in place in other parts of the country.
A number of road closures remain in place as a result of the impact of Storm Eleanor, with high winds still affecting parts of the region.Read the full story ›
A combination of high tides and storm surge caused by Storm Eleanor is expected to affect the coastal areas of Cumbria and Dumfries and Galloway throughout today:
- Cumbrian coastline from Gretna to Silloth
- Loch Ryan, Dumfries and Galloway
- South West Rhins, Dumfries and Galloway
- West Luce Bay, Dumfries and Galloway
- Outer Wigtown Bay, Dumfries and Galloway
- Inner Wigtown Bay, Dumfries and Galloway
- Fleet Bay, Dumfries and Galloway
- Kirkcudbright Bay, Dumfries and Galloway
- Rough Firth, Dumfries and Galloway
- Southerness Point, Dumfries and Galloway
- Nith Tidal, Dumfries and Galloway
- Upper Solway Firth, Dumfries and Galloway
- East Luce Bay, Dumfries and Galloway
- Coast from Gretna to Silloth, Cumbria
- Coast from Silloth to St Bees, Cumbria
- Coast from St Bees Head to Millom, Cumbria
- Lower River Eden, Cumbria
- Upper River Derwent, Stonethwaite Beck and Derwent Water, Cumbria
Wintry showers throughout Christmas Day have spurred a number of alerts and one warning for flooding in Cumbria today.
- Keswick Campsite
- Lower River Eden
- Rivers Brathay, Rothay and Winster
- Rivers Cocker, Marron and Derwent
- Upper River Derwent, Stonethwaite Beck and Derwent Water
- Latest updates here.