People throughout Cumbria, Dumfries and Galloway and the Scottish Borders were recognised in the Queen's New Year Honours list.
Here's the full list from our region.
- Dr William Lawler. Forensic Pathologist. For services to the Police and Criminal Justice System. (Penrith, Cumbria)
- Neil Dennis Baldwin. For services to the Nuclear Industry particularly Civil Nuclear Engineering and Decommissioning. (St Bees, Cumbria)
- Ms Janice Davinson. Formerly Organiser, Cumbria Federation of Young Farmers Clubs. For services to Farming and Rural Communities in Cumbria. (Penrith, Cumbria)
- Mrs Karen-Marie Horn. Higher Executive Officer, Ministry of Defence. For services to the Armed Forces and Service Families. (Arlecdon, Cumbria)
- Anthony Bawden Robinson. For services to Mountain Rescue and to the community in Coniston Cumbria.
- Mrs Patricia Anne Burns. Staff Governor, Appleby Grammar School, Cumbria. For services to Education. (Appleby in Westmorland, Cumbria)
- Keith Granville Buckler. For services to the New English Orchestra and to Charity through Rotary in Grange-over-Sands Cumbria. (Ulverston, Cumbria)
- Ian Clinton. Lately Principal, Blackburn College. For services to Further Education. (Kendal, Cumbria)
- Ms Margrit Wendy Scott. President, Association for the Professional Development of Early Years Educators. For services to Education (Keswick, Cumbria)
- Professor Elizabeth Margaret Beaty. Emeritus Professor and lately Pro Vice Chancellor, University of Cumbria. For services to Higher Education (Penrith, Cumbria)
- Arthur Capstick. For services to Education and to the community in Staveley and Kendal, Cumbria. (Kendal, Cumbria)
- John Thomas Graham. For services to the Langdale Ambleside Mountain Rescue Team, Cumbria. (Ambleside, Cumbria)
- Ms Tiffany Hunt. For services to Heritage in North West England (Cumbria)
- Mrs Alison Graham Hall. Chair, Dumfries and Galloway Branch, Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Charity. For services to charity in Dumfries and Galloway. (Nithbank, Dumfries)
- Mrs Catherine Ann Mitchell. Cleaner, Annan Police Station. For services to Dumfries and Galloway Division, Police Scotland. (Annan, Dumfries)
- David Smith. For services to the Heritage of Robert Burns. (Cargenbridge, Dumfries)
- Mrs Judith Mary Smith. Macmillan Nurse Consultant, Cancer and Palliative Care, Borders General Hospital. For services to Oncology in the Scottish Borders. (Galashiels, Roxburgh, Ettrick and Laude)
- Henry Scott Douglas. For services to the community in Bonchester, Scottish Borders. (Hawick, Roxburgh, Ettrick and Lauderd)
- Donald Swanson. For services to rugby in Peebles. (Peebles, Tweedale)