The annual Kelso ram sale takes place today, and here are a few facts you might not have known about the event:
- The first Ram Sale was held in the Knowes in Kelso, way back in 1836
- It's tradition for the bell to be rung at 10am exactly by the Secretary of the Society, to begin selling
- A 'Tup Taxi' helps buyers transport their new rams from the pens to their vehicle
- It's considered the biggest single day ram sale in the world
- In 1993 more than £2 million was made in sales
- In the last few years rams have been exported to three EU countries, Holland, Germany and Ireland
More top news
Watch Wednesday's Representing Border online.
A Cumbrian cyclist who was left paralysed from the neck down after a catastrophic crash has died.
The man who died in the A66 crash at Stainmore on Monday 11 November has been identified as Stephen Cloudsdale, 61.