Junior Doctors in the region will be on strike today as part of a national dispute about changes in their contract.
Cumbria NHS bosses say they have plans in place to make sure patients aren't put at risk.
Dr David Rogers, Medical Director for NHS Cumbria Clinical Commissioning Group and lead for the North Cumbria System Resilience Group, said:
They're also urging people to think carefully before going to hospital, and to use the NHS website, the 111 phone number or visit a pharmacist instead.
The amount of Junior Doctors who work in Cumbrian services are as follows:
- 99 Royal Lancaster Infirmary (UHMBT)
- 51 Furness General Hospital (UHMBT)
- 20 Cumbria Partnership Foundation Trust (CPFT)
- 9 West Cumberland Hospital (NCUHT)
- 92 Cumberland Infirmary Carlisle (NCUHT)
These figures are not necessarily the amount of Junior Doctors who are on strike, but industrial action was voted for by a considerable majority.