Ben Stokes became England's most expensive player ever at the Indian Premier League at Monday's auction.
Exactly a week after discovering he will be England's new Test vice-captain, the Cumbrian all-rounder learned he will be earning more than £1.7m with Rising Pune Supergiants.
Here is a list of the most expensive England players in the competition's history.
- 1 - Ben Stokes, Rising Pune Supergiants, £1.74m (2017)
- 2 - Tymal Mills, Royal Challengers Bangalore, £1.44m (2017)
- 3 - Kevin Pietersen, Royal Challengers Bangalore, £1.24m (2009)
- 3 - Andrew Flintoff, Chennai Super Kings, £1.24m (2009)
- 5 - Chris Woakes, Kolkata Knight Riders, £500,000 (2017)
- 6 - Jos Buttler, Mumbai Indians, £455,000 (2016)
- 7 - Ravi Bopara, Kings XI Punjab, £360,000 (2009)
- 8 - Stuart Broad, Kings XI Punjab, £320,000 (2011)
- 9 - Eoin Morgan, Kolkata Knight Riders, £280,000 (2011)
- 10 - Paul Collingwood, Delhi Daredevils, £220,000 (2009)
- 10 - Owais Shah, Delhi Daredevils, £220,000 (2009)
More top news
Watch Tuesday's Representing Border online.
Noah is fast becoming known as a young eco warrior after his lunch break litter picks went from strength to strength.
A memorial service was held in London for Cumbrian broadcaster John Myers, who died unexpectedly in June aged 60.