Ben Stokes became England's most expensive player ever at the Indian Premier League at Monday's auction.
Exactly a week after discovering he will be England's new Test vice-captain, the Cumbrian all-rounder learned he will be earning more than £1.7m with Rising Pune Supergiants.
Here is a list of the most expensive England players in the competition's history.
- 1 - Ben Stokes, Rising Pune Supergiants, £1.74m (2017)
- 2 - Tymal Mills, Royal Challengers Bangalore, £1.44m (2017)
- 3 - Kevin Pietersen, Royal Challengers Bangalore, £1.24m (2009)
- 3 - Andrew Flintoff, Chennai Super Kings, £1.24m (2009)
- 5 - Chris Woakes, Kolkata Knight Riders, £500,000 (2017)
- 6 - Jos Buttler, Mumbai Indians, £455,000 (2016)
- 7 - Ravi Bopara, Kings XI Punjab, £360,000 (2009)
- 8 - Stuart Broad, Kings XI Punjab, £320,000 (2011)
- 9 - Eoin Morgan, Kolkata Knight Riders, £280,000 (2011)
- 10 - Paul Collingwood, Delhi Daredevils, £220,000 (2009)
- 10 - Owais Shah, Delhi Daredevils, £220,000 (2009)
More top news
Egremont based Mayson Bros has gone into administration after 37 years of trading.
Dumfries' annual Big Burns Supper festival starts today, including international artists Morcheeba and Newton Faulkner.
Watch Thursday's Representing Border online.