The Conservatives have gained Dumfries and Galloway from the SNP with a majority of more than 5,000.
- Richard Arkless, SNP - 16,701
- Daniel Goodare, Labour - 10,775
- Yen Hongmei Jin, Independent - 538
- Alister Jack, Conservatives - 22,344
- Joan Mitchell, Liberal Democrats - 1,241
More top news
A ten-year community action plan to revitalise Langholm, in Dumfries and Galloway, has been launched.
Cumbria County Council has announced plans to close Abbey Care Home in Staveley. It says the building is no longer fit for purpose.
One of Cumbria's biggest annual events, the Kendal Mountain Festival, has begun. It's expected to bring up to 20,000 people to the town.