Front Street in Brampton remains closed in both directions between Gelt Road and Carlisle Road, following an electrical fire.
It happened around 4pm on Wednesday 30 May.
The fire was caused when a mains electricity cable shorted outside St Martin's Church.
Nearby homes and businesses - including the church - were temporarily evacuated.
A number of properties were without power for several hours whilst the cable was isolated and made safe by workmen.
Repairs are ongoing and the road has remained closed for more than 48 hours.
No one was hurt in the incident.