Lincoln is the oldest constituency in continuous existence in the UK having been established in 1265.
Polls predict it will be a close race between Labour's Lucy Rigby, and the incumbent Karl McCartney who represents the Conservatives.
Results in 2010:
- Conservative: 17,163 (37.5%)
- Labour: 16,105 (35.2%)
- Liberal Democrat: 9,256 (20.2%)
- British National Party: 1,367 (3.0%)
- UK Independence Party: 1,004 (2.2%)
- English Democrats: 604 (1.3%)
- Independent: 222 (0.5%)
- Karl McCartney (Conservative)
- Ross David Pepper (Liberal Democrats)
- Helen Ninziatina Joan Powell (Lincolnshire Independents)
- Lucy Rigby (Labour)
- Elaine Smith (Trade Union and Socialist Coalition)
- Nick Smith (UKIP)