A new report has revealed how much music tourism has contributed to the Yorkshire and Humber local economy last year.
Wish You Were Here 2016 report showed that 669,000 music tourists visited the region in 2015 to attend a live concert or music festival such as the Freedom Festival.
These visitors generated £262 million in total for the local economy and helped sustain more than 3,000 full time jobs across the area.
Music Tourism in Yorkshire and The Humber in 2015:
- £262 million generated by music tourism in the area in 2015
- 669,000 music tourists attending music events in the area in 2015
- 3,072 full time jobs sustained by music tourism in 2015
- 198,000 total attendance at music events in Hull in 2015
- 68,000 music tourists generated £12 million in Hull last year