The full routes for the 2019 Tour de Yorkshire and Asda Tour de Yorkshire Women’s Race have been unveiled at Leeds Civic Hall.
The fifth annual event will visit towns including Bedale and Doncaster, which will begin on 2nd May.
The East Riding will see not just one but two days of racing as part of the 2019 edition of the Tour de Yorkshire.
At a special event this morning, race organisers Welcome to Yorkshire and the Amaury Sport Organisation confirmed that much of stage one of the men’s race on Thursday, 2 May 2019 will see riders taking in a whole host of new towns and villages that haven’t seen the race before.
Stage one sees competitors cycling 178.5km from Doncaster to Selby with the race passing through communities including:
- East Cowick
- Elloughton (Sprint)
- North Ferriby
- Little Weighton
- Beverley (with the riders passing through North Bar)
- North Dalton
- Cote de Baggaby Hill (King of the Mountain Stage)
- Pocklington (Sprint)
- Barmby Moor
- Sutton upon Derwent
The Tour de Yorkshire will then return to the East Riding on Saturday, 4 May 2019, with the start of both the women’s and men’s races taking place outside Bridlington Spa before the riders cycle 132km in and around North Yorkshire before finishing in Scarborough.
Councillor Stephen Parnaby OBE, leader of East Riding of Yorkshire Council, said:
The complete race schedule for the Tour de Yorkshire 2019 is as follows:
- Thursday, 2 May 2019 – Doncaster to Selby (men’s race)
- Friday, 3 May 2019 – Barnsley – Bedale (women’s and men’s races)
- Saturday, 4 May 2019 – Bridlington – Scarborough (women’s and men’s races)
- Sunday, 5 May 2019 – Halifax – Leeds (men’s race)
For further information about the route, visit www.letouryorkshire.com