Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Cat sparks kitchen explosion

A cat is believed to be responsible for a kitchen fire and explosion at a property on Ecclesfield Road in Shiregreen, Sheffield at 5:15am on Wednesday morning.

Credit: PA

The family pet is thought to have knocked the hob on, which then set fire to items on top of the hob and ignited an aerosol can which exploded and blew the kitchen window out.

Luckily a South Yorkshire Police Officer was just passing at the time and called for fire crews to attend, along with evacuating the occupants.

Firefighters from Elm Lane station were called to the fire and no one was injured.

The fire crew left the scene at 5:50am.