Yorkshire cricketer Jonny Bairstow has been left out of England's Test squad for the upcoming tour of New Zealand.
Wicketkeeper Bairstow averages 20.25 with the bat in Tests this year. He has also scored more than 50 only twice since November last year.
Bairstow has been named in the T20 squad.
England play two Tests in New Zealand after a five-match Twenty20 series. Bairstow's Yorkshire teammate Joe Root remains captain of the Test side.
England in New Zealand
November to early December
- 1 - 1st Twenty20 international, Christchurch
- 3 - 2nd Twenty20 international, Wellington (Westpac Stadium)
- 5 - 3rd Twenty20 international, Nelson
- 8 - 4th Twenty20 international, Napier (d/n)
- 10 - 5th Twenty20 international, Auckland
- 21-25 1st Test, Mount Maunganui
- 29-3 Dec 2nd Test, Hamilton