Flood warnings have been announced across Yorkshire and one warning in Lincolnshire following heavy rainfall.
The warnings mean flooding is expected and immediate action is required.
The following areas are affected:
- Balne Beck, Alverthorpe Beck and Ings Beck at Wakefield Westgate
- Batley Beck at Bradford Road through central Batley
- Batley Beck at Carlinghow and Crossbank
- Colne Water at Lenches, around Waterside Industrial Estate and Green Road
- River Calder at Brearley and Luddenden Foot
- River Derwent at Buttercrambe Mill
- River Spen and Lands Beck from Knowler Hill to Wormald Street, Liversedge
- River Spen from Hunsworth to Brooklyn Road including Victoria Mills, Cleckheaton
- River Spen from Wormald Street to Smithies Lane
- Ruskington Beck in Ruskington
Northern rail customers are being advised not to travel on routes between Sheffield, Lincoln and Gainsborough and between Hebden Bridge and Manchester.
- Flooding at Kiveton Park means services are unable to run between Sheffield and Gainsborough Central/Lincoln - ttickets will be accepted on East Midlands Railway (travel between Lincoln and Nottingham/Newark/Doncaster) and LNER (between Doncaster and Newark/Retford)
- A fallen tree has affected the overhead lines at Springs Junction. As a result there are no services between Leeds and Ilkley. Some services are running between Bradford Forster Square and Ilkley via Baildon. Customers are advised to travel to Shipley to connect with rail replacement buses to Ilkley.
- Earlier disruption between Meadowhall and Rotherham Central/Swinton, caused following a road vehicle collision at a level crossing, has cleared.
- Flooding at Walsden has blocked the line between Manchester Victoria and Leeds.
- Flooding at Culcheth Farm had blocked the line between Eccles and Earlestown - services are now able to run at reduced speed on the Chat Moss line between Liverpool and Manchester. Delays are likely. Northern tickets will be accepted on TransPennine Express services.
- Flooding at Denby Dale has subsided - all lines are open between Huddersfield and Sheffield.
- Severe flooding at Rotherham Central is blocking the railway in both directions meaning there are no services between Sheffield and Leeds/Doncaster via Rotherham. Rail replacement buses are in operation between Rotherham Central and Meadowhall.
- Flooding at Hadfield has cleared - all services are running.
- Flooding at Moorthorpe has blocked the line between Sheffield and Leeds. Road transport is being arranged.
- Due to flooding at Blackpool South there are currently no services between St Annes and Blackpool South. Rail replacement coaches will operate between the two stations.
- Flooding at Atherton means services from Salford to Wigan are diverting via Bolton. Services from Wigan to Salford are operating as normal at the moment.
The Met Office has issued an amber warning for parts of West and South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire.
These are the scenes at Anston Road and Whiston.
This video was taken on Shiregreen Lane in Sheffield by Jade Walker.