Flooding at Kirk Sandall is continuing to cause delays and cancellations across part of South Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
Northern railway says services are likely to be affected for the rest of today as the tracks are still flooded and there is damaged to line side equipment below the current waterline.
These are the routes affected:
- Sheffield - Gainsborough/Lincoln: services are now running, though at reduced speeds with delays and cancellations likely
- Sheffield - Scarborough/Bridlington: there are no services between Hull and Sheffield - all services will terminate/start from Hull
- Doncaster - Hull: services will terminate/start at Goole heading from/to Hull - road transport is in operation between Doncaster and Goole
- Sheffield - Hull/Beverley: there will be no services between Doncaster and Hull
- Doncaster - Scunthorpe: services will run via Skellow and will not call at Kirk Sandall
- Doncaster - Sheffield: services will run as normal
- Rotherham Central has opened as planned with services resuming from first thing Friday morning.
A separate closure of the line at Kiveton Bridge has now been lifted and Northern has arranged rail replacement road transport for customers on those routes that have no services.