1. ITV Report

DOMESTIC ABUSE: Where you can find help

Credit: PA

Domestic abuse or violence is a crime, and the government advise that if you are in immediate danger you should tell the police on 999.

Organisations are also available who can give help and advice about domestic abuse.

Yorkshire support service:

  • IDAS - It's the largest specialist charity in Yorkshire supporting anyone experiencing or affected by domestic abuse or sexual violence. You can contact them here.

Other services:

  • Refuge, the UK’s largest domestic abuse charity, has just launched a new 24 hour online platform to provide constant support to survivors. You can contact them here.
  • Galop (for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people): contact.
  • Men’s Advice Line: contact.
  • Women's aid. contact.