As the national daily figure rose by 381 to 1,789 deaths due to coronavirus, NHS England say a further 24 people in our region have died.
Deaths were recorded at each of the following NHS trusts:
- AIRDALE NHS FOUNDTION TRUST
- CHESTERFIELD ROYAL HOSPITAL NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- BARNSLEY HOSPITALS NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- HARROGATE AND DISTRICT NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- LEEDS TEACHING HOSPITALS NHS TRUST
- MID YORKSHIRE HOSPITAL NHS TRUST
- SHEFFIELD TEACHING HOSPITALS NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- YORK TEACHING HOSPITALS NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
The number of cases in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire have gone over the 2,000 mark.
Sheffield has the third highest number of cases in the country with 428 people testing positive.