Officers investigating the unexplained death of a man, are appealing for information to help determine his identity.Read the full story ›
Taylor Hamil was last seen at around 6.30am this morning in the Selby area.Read the full story ›
Motorists are being urged to avoid the M62 motorway at Selby following a major crash involving five vehicles this morning.
A number of police cars and ambulances are in attendance between J35 and J34, near Eggborough and Great Heck.
An air ambulance has also been spotted in the vicinity.
The family of a man who's been missing for six days have taken to the streets in their search for him.Read the full story ›
A motorcyclist is in a serious condition in hospital following a single-vehicle collision at Sherburn in Elmet, Selby District.Read the full story ›
The former military Alouette aircraft crashed at Breighton airfield in East Yorkshire in July last year.Read the full story ›
There is major disruption on Northern trains between Leeds-York, and Leeds-Selby this morning due to a broken down freight train at Cross Gates.
Delays of up to 20 minutes have been reported, with cancellations on services according to the railway service provider.
Disruption is expected to remain in place until 9.15am.
The following alterations will apply:
- Trains from Leeds towards Cross Gates are unable to run.
- Trains may be able to divert via Woodlesford and Castleford.
- Some trains are not able to divert so may be cancelled or amended.
- Trains towards Leeds from Cross Gates are able to run but delays and cancellations can be expected.
Advice for Northern customers:
- Road transport has been requested to run between Leeds and Selby / York however, there is no estimate for when this will be available.
- Your ticket will be accepted on TransPennine Express and CrossCountry services from Leeds to York.
Firefighters in North Yorkshire are at the scene of a large rubbish and tyre fire in the village of Carlton.
Two fire engines from Selby are involved in the operation.
Hull Trains between Selby and Hull are suspended due to a signalling problem. Replacement bus services are in place.
The eastbound M62 exit slip road is closed due to a broken down vehicle at junction 34 A19 (Selby/Doncaster).
Traffic is reported to be coping well. Motorists travelling towards Eggborough are affected.