There is major disruption on Northern trains between Leeds-York, and Leeds-Selby this morning due to a broken down freight train at Cross Gates.
Delays of up to 20 minutes have been reported, with cancellations on services according to the railway service provider.
Disruption is expected to remain in place until 9.15am.
The following alterations will apply:
- Trains from Leeds towards Cross Gates are unable to run.
- Trains may be able to divert via Woodlesford and Castleford.
- Some trains are not able to divert so may be cancelled or amended.
- Trains towards Leeds from Cross Gates are able to run but delays and cancellations can be expected.
Advice for Northern customers:
- Road transport has been requested to run between Leeds and Selby / York however, there is no estimate for when this will be available.
- Your ticket will be accepted on TransPennine Express and CrossCountry services from Leeds to York.