The West Midlands claims to have the luckiest city in the country when it comes to lottery winners. However, new research also suggests the type of job you have can improve your chances of winning.
Wolverhampton has been named the "luckiest town in the UK" by lottery organisers Camelot, with 32 winners from the city claiming £1 million.
Data compiled from the secret winner database also lists the professions of every major National Lottery winner since 1994.
Builders, drivers and admin workers top the list of lucky jobs:
- 1. Builders - 331 winners - £1.26 billion claimed in prizes
- 2. Drivers/transport - 193 winners - £750 million claimed in prizes
- 3. Administrators - 190 winners - £840 million claimed in prizes
- 4. Manufacturer - 176 winners - £615 million claimed in prizes
- 5. Shop assistants - 146 winners - £500 million claimed in prizes